Patronage, in the sense of support and encouragement of worthy endeavors, is a legitimate function of the Office of the Lieutenant Governor. It derives from the concept of the Crown as the source of the highest honours and awards granted in our society.
The Lieutenant Governor of Manitoba is a patron or honorary member of many non-profit and community organizations, lending them vital support and recognition for their outstanding ongoing contributions to society.
When requested, the Lieutenant Governor may also provide patronage to a one-time event.
Organizations that are granted patronage by the Lieutenant Governor are chosen based on the following criteria:
- The organization must have aims and objectives that are aligned with the institutional or personal themes of the Lieutenant Governor.
- Must have been in existence for five years (exceptions will be considered).
- Be provincial or regional in scope.
- Have programs that are of direct benefit to the community at large.
- Be non-profit.
- Be non-political.
- Be financially solvent.
- Agree not to use the Lieutenant Governor’s patronage in direct connection with fund-raising campaigns or events.
All organizations must re-apply for patronage at the beginning of each new Lieutenant Governor’s term, which is no less than five years. Patronage does not guarantee the Lieutenant Governor’s involvement in, or attendance at, events hosted by organizations.
To apply for patronage for your organization, please complete and submit the form below. If you are seeking patronage for a special event or initiative, please indicate so and provide details under “Additional Information”.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 204-945-2753 or email@example.com.
All requests are reviewed by the Lieutenant Governor’s office and you will be contacted if additional information is required.
Honorary Patronage List
- A&O Support Services for Older Adults
- The Army Cadet League of Canada (Manitoba)
- Associated Manitoba Arts Festival
- Canadian Centre for Child Protection Inc.
- Canadian Corps of Commissionaires (Manitoba Division)
- (Friends of ) Canadian Museum for Human Rights
- CNIB Manitoba-Saskatchewan Division
- 2017 Canada Summer Games
- Frontier College
- Girl Guides of Canada
- IODE Jon Sigurdsson Chapter
- Leadership Winnipeg
- Manitoba Chamber Orchestra
- Manitoba Choral Association Inc.
- The Manitoba Historical Society
- Mahatma Gandhi Centre of Canada Inc.
- The Manitoba Museum “Nice Women Don’t Want the Vote” Exhibition
- Manitoba Provincial Rifle Association Inc.
- Magna Carta Canada
- The Monarchist League of Canada Manitoba Branch
- The Nellie McClung Foundation
- PPCLI Foundation
- Prairieaction Foundation
- Provincial Exhibition of Manitoba
- Pregnancy and Family Support Services
- Provincial Council of Women of Manitoba Inc.
- The Queen’s Own Cameron Highlanders of Canada
- Red River Regional Heritage Fair
- The St. Andrew’s Society of Winnipeg
- Trans Canada Trail/Sentier Transcanadien
- True Patriot Love Foundation (Honorary Event Chair)
- Ukrainian Canadian Foundation of Taras Shevchenko
- The United Empire Loyalist Association of Canada – Assiniboine Branch
- United Empire Loyalist Association of Canada – Manitoba Branch
- Virtuosi Concerts Inc.
- Volunteer Manitoba
- The Winnipeg Chinese Cultural and Community Centre
- The Winnipeg Humane Society
- The Women’s Musical Club of Winnipeg
- Winnipeg Music Festival
- Winnipeg Philatelic Society
- Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra
- Winnipeg Jazz Orchestra