Patronage, in the sense of support and encouragement of worthy endeavors, is a legitimate function of the Office of the Lieutenant Governor. It derives from the concept of the Crown as the source of the highest honours and awards granted in our society.
The Lieutenant Governor of Manitoba is a patron or honorary member of many non-profit and community organizations, lending them vital support and recognition for their outstanding ongoing contributions to society.
When requested, the Lieutenant Governor may also provide patronage to a one-time event.
Organizations that are granted patronage by the Lieutenant Governor are chosen based on the following criteria:
- The organization must have aims and objectives that are aligned with the institutional or personal themes of the Lieutenant Governor.
- Must have been in existence for five years (exceptions will be considered).
- Be provincial or regional in scope.
- Have programs that are of direct benefit to the community at large.
- Be non-profit.
- Be non-political.
- Be financially solvent.
- Agree not to use the Lieutenant Governor’s patronage in direct connection with fund-raising campaigns or events.
All organizations must re-apply for patronage at the beginning of each new Lieutenant Governor’s term, which is no less than five years. Patronage does not guarantee the Lieutenant Governor’s involvement in, or attendance at, events hosted by organizations.
To apply for patronage for your organization, please complete and submit the form below. If you are seeking patronage for a special event or initiative, please indicate so and provide details under “Additional Information”.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 204-945-2753 or email@example.com.
All requests are reviewed by the Lieutenant Governor’s office and you will be contacted if additional information is required.
Honorary Patronage List
- A&O Support Services for Older Adults
- Army Cadet League of Canada Manitoba Branch
- The Canadian Corps of Commissionaires
- Girl Guides of Canada
- IODE Jon Sigurdsson Chapter
- Leadership Winnipeg (Wpg Chamber of Commerce)
- The Mahatma Gandhi Centre of Canada Inc.
- Manitoba Chamber Orchestra
- Manitoba Historical Society
- Manitoba Provincial Rifle Association Inc.
- The Monarchist League of Canada
- Prairieaction Foundation
- The Queen’s Own Cameron Highlanders of Canada
- Red River Regional Heritage Fair
- The St. Andrew’s Society of Winnipeg
- Thrive Community Support Circle
- The United Empire Loyalist Association of Canada
- United for Literacy (formerly Frontier College)
- Virtuosi Concerts Inc.
- Volunteer Manitoba
- Winnipeg Chinese Cultural & Community Centre
- Winnipeg Music Festival
- Winnipeg Philatelic Society
- The Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra
- The Women’s Musical Club of Winnipeg