How to invite the Lieutenant Governor to your event
A significant part of the role of the Lieutenant Governor is to celebrate outstanding Manitobans, and to connect with and inspire citizens across the province. As such, Her Honour looks forward to attending a great number of events in communities large and small throughout Manitoba each year. If your organization is celebrating an event and you would like to request the Lieutenant Governor’s attendance, please write a letter of invitation in accordance with proper protocol. The letter should include the following information;
- Background on the event and/or organization
- Date, time, and location of the event (and whether these are flexible)
- Number of people expected to participate
- The role of the Lieutenant Governor; for example: presentation of awards, greetings, etc.
- Contact name, title, phone number and email address
The salutation should read: Your Honour
Please send your letter to:
The Honourable Janice C. Filmon, C.M., O.M.
Lieutenant Governor of Manitoba
Room 235 Legislative Building
Winnipeg, MB R3C 0V8
Your letter of invitation should be sent to the office a minimum of two to three months in advance of the date of the event for consideration.
Please follow the same guidelines as above if requesting Her Honour host your event at Government House.
If you require further information, please contact the Office of the Lieutenant Governor at 204-945-2753 or submit the form on this page.