How to invite the Lieutenant Governor to your event or request an event at Government House
A significant part of the role of the Lieutenant Governor is to celebrate outstanding Manitobans, and to connect with and inspire citizens across the province. As such, Her Honour looks forward to hosting and attending a great number of events at Government House and in communities large and small throughout Manitoba each year.
If your organization is celebrating an event and you would like to request the Lieutenant Governor host an event at Government House, or attend your event, please submit a letter of request/invitation in accordance with proper protocol. The letter should include as much information as possible such as:
- Background on the event and/or organization
- Date, time, and location of the event (and whether these are flexible)
- Number of people requested/anticipated to participate
- Your request of the Lieutenant Governor; for example: presentation of awards, greetings, etc.
- Contact name, title, phone number and email address
The salutation should read: Your Honour
Please send your letter to:
The Honourable Anita R. Neville, P.C., O.M.
Lieutenant Governor of Manitoba
Room 235 Legislative Building
Winnipeg, MB R3C 0V8
Your letter of invitation should be sent to the office a minimum of two to three months in advance of the date of the event for consideration.
If you require further information, please contact the Office of the Lieutenant Governor at 204-945-2753 or submit the form on this page.