Term of Office: 1 September 1965 – 2 September 1970
Born: Winnipeg, Manitoba, 16 November 1912
Died: Winnipeg, Manitoba, 9 July 1988
- Educated at University of Manitoba and Manitoba Law School.
- Practiced law from 1937 to his appointment as Lieutenant Governor, establishing his own law firm in 1940.
- First President of the Home and School Association 1952.
- Member of the Winnipeg Board of Parks and Recreation 1953-57, chairman 1956-57.
- President of the Manitoba Bar Association 1961 and of the Law Society of Manitoba 1964-65.
- Returned to private law practice following his term of office.
- Chancellor of the University of Manitoba 1974-77.