Term of Office: 25 January 1929 – 1 December 1934
Born: Amherstburg, Canada West, 29 August 1860
Died: Winnipeg, 15 March 1935
- Came to Manitoba in 1877 and worked in his father’s cattle business in Brandon.
- Following the Klondike gold strike of 1896 became Mine Inspector of the Yukon Territory 1897-99, remaining in the Yukon until 1905.
- Owned a 200,000 acre ranch near Medicine Hat with 10,000 head of cattle and 2,000 horses.
- One of the originators of the Brandon Winter Fair.
- First farmer to cultivate alfalfa in Western Canada and may have established the idea of youth calf clubs to promote interest in stock raising.