Term of Office: 1 August 1911 – 3 August 1916
Born: Hawkesbury, Upper Canada, 8 June 1854
Died: Toronto, Ontario 27 November 1921
- Arrived in Manitoba in 1878, establishing a contracting business in Brandon.
- A regular winner of ribbons and medals at Manitoba horse shows.
- Engaged in lumbering at Rat Portage (now Kenora), Ontario, was instrumental in establishing Maple Leaf Flour Mills.
- Mayor of Rat Portage.
- Liberal member of Ontario Legislature 1902-05.
- Defeated as a Liberal candidate in Winnipeg in 1908 federal election.
- Knighted in 1913.