• With its flowering plants, cacti, vines and trees, the Greenhouse is a favourite with visitors to Government House, particularly during the winter months. It also features a large fish pond and a turtle pond.
  • The first conservatory at Government House was built during 1884-85, shortly after the residence was completed (also added were a woodshed, washhouse and icehouse). Then a greenhouse was attached to the conservatory in 1886. Both were torn down in 1908 when the State Dining Room was built on the south end of the residence, with a new conservatory off it.
  • The conservatory came down in 1963 to make way for the Sunroom at the end of the State Dining Room. The current Greenhouse was also added in 1963, along with a Potting Room, House Manager’s Office and attached three-car garage. It is accessible through the Sunroom via the garage.